Thursday, 23 February 2012

Purple but not sprouting

At the allotment today I was hoping for broccoli; it was planted last spring and looks lovely and healthy, it has been just about to sprout for weeks and weeks, lots of buds but no shoots. I wonder if it will ever shoot or if I did something wrong. Too much water, too little water, too close together, too cold, too hot... Who knows? It is my third year of trying to grow broccoli and it is my last if this doesn't work.

But boy what it lacked in sprouts, it made up for in colour.


There is something about colour that can just catch me unawares sometimes. Like a certain piece of music it can just make your heart sing, and your soul soar. And when I got home, still buoyed up by the glorious richness of the purple leaves, I realised that I chose that particular purple quite a lot in fact.

What I was wearing for a start...

My new cushion fabric

My ripple blanket (Nearly finished, I've started the border, can you see?)
Definitely purple..

My favourite house plant

I remember reading on someone's blog about how they chose their colours, then ended up with the same ones every time. Soul colours she called them. Well, I guess I found mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment