And the house changes, teenagers just fill the space with their presence, their friends and their mess... But we will miss them when they leave.
And I've been baking. Gluten free mince pies, I am quite pleased with them. GF pastry is tricky, no stretchy gluten to help it stay together. But in the interests of an inclusive tea party I mastered them :)
My pastry recipe
100g proprietary gluten free flour (eg dove's farm)
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
50g sunflower margarine
One egg yolk
(Scant)Tablespoon icing sugar
Tablespoon ground almonds
Rub fat into flour, stir in sugar and almonds. Add egg yolk and a small splash of water. Bring together gently until it forms a light ball. Add a very little more water if needed, don't make it soggy. No need to chill, there is no gluten to develop. Place on a sheet of cling film big enough to hold rolled out pastry. Cover with another sheet the same size. Roll out pastry between the two sheets to .5mm thick or so. Cut out circles with pastry cutter to fit your bun tin (don't forget to grease first). I got 10 out of mine. Use a fish slice or similar to lift the circles of pastry carefully, press gently into tin. Fill with mincemeat (I used home made so I knew it was gluten free, check your ingredients first) top with festive shapes cut out of scraps of pastry or leave open as you prefer. Bake 12-15 mins at 180'C till golden brown. Cool slightly, use a fork to gently prise out of the tin, dust with icing sugar.
Enjoy!
A week in Saint-Malo
-
It's been a very long time since I've been abroad, maybe 13 years (?!) I
have never had the money to afford big trips and I recently received a tax...
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment