Is my husband's favourite Italian word. And here are the first home grown tromboncini of the year, I inherited them on my allotment, the previous owner had planted them around the compost bin. I rarely pick flowers for inside, they look so lovely in situ, but these will be appreciated much more on my windowsill.
And elsewhere on the allotment, all is very weedy. I know, I know, I've left it very late ( again!) to get on top of the weeds and get planting. But when it comes down to it, I am not an all-weather gardener and that is that. So when the weather tempts me outside it is already too late to get on top of everything. So like last year, and the year before, I will be weeding and planting as I go. Oh well, there are worse crimes...
So I cleared and sowed my first bed of the year. You can just read the label, it says 'carrots'
And a little snapshot of a couple of other beds. Not the worst ones!
Black currants. Just looking at the bushes with their tiny buds makes me remember the juicy berries we had last year.
Asparagus - this will be year 2 for the asparagus, so hopefully we should have some spears to eat this year. It is difficult soil here for this crop, heavy clay, but here's hoping I put enough grit in for the plants to thrive.
And new life, amazing how this has sprouted since I last inspected it, only a week or so ago. Won't be long till we can start picking :)
A week in Saint-Malo
-
It's been a very long time since I've been abroad, maybe 13 years (?!) I
have never had the money to afford big trips and I recently received a tax...
2 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment