I can't resist a bargain, and I love beautiful material, so as i think I've mentioned before, the off-cuts bin in John Lewis is a source of much of my stash-under-the-bed. I found this last week:I'm going to make a bag from this material. I never use a pattern, I tend to look at an existing bag and work out how I can make something similar. I've made a few mistakes, but each one has been better than the last, more or less. And some tips from the lovely Lisa at U-Handblog.
So this one is going to be these dimensions:
And here is my sketch
I bought my notions, a decorative button, a magnetic closure and a zip for the internal pocket
Lots of interfacing (VITAL for that professional stand up by itself look.)
I just need to find a few hours to sit and sew it together. I can't wait :)
I also found these tea towels and thought it would make a good groceries bag. Two for the front and back, one for straps and decoration. Should whizz up in 20 minutes I reckon..
And in other news, I found a use for the fabric boxes I mentioned here but didn't photograph.
I've been sorting out packets of seeds, it is that time of year again. These are the ones to plant in the next few weeks.
And here they are in the little box I made
And the pockets hold the labels and pencil perfectly.
And here is the link to the lovely, talented michelle who has kindly posted pictures of the boxes I made for her, and an explanation of how they were made.
A week in Saint-Malo
-
It's been a very long time since I've been abroad, maybe 13 years (?!) I
have never had the money to afford big trips and I recently received a tax...
2 days ago











No comments:
Post a Comment