Well we worked super hard on Saturday and I did a bit more yesterday, and here it is :)
I learned a lot in making this, and it was great to have tips from the lovely Sally in the shop. Threads and Patches in Fenny Stratford, to be precise. Things I would do differently? Yes, plenty. Pressing from the right side, ripping out things that are wrong as soon as it goes wrong (it just makes the whole block out of line and results in some serious fudging on the last round, oops!). and I wouldn't use a checked fabric again for a straight line design, it looks wonky when the squares don't match up with the cutting lines.
But apart from that? I'm delighted. Just need to finish it and THEN...... Decide what to do with it.
A week in Saint-Malo
-
It's been a very long time since I've been abroad, maybe 13 years (?!) I
have never had the money to afford big trips and I recently received a tax...
2 days ago





Oh my you must be doing a happy dance for that it's absolutely brilliant. I started my quilting lessons with a log cabin I think you certainly learn a lot from that pattern. Loving the stars. WOW!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, now I've found you ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love these stars and made a print from them.
Your quilt looks a bit like a Eureka Stockade flag! Love it :-)
Cheers, Susie
What a gorgeous little quilt there. Your blocks are fabulous and such great lessons learned. Beautifully done.
ReplyDelete